A band saw is generally used as a woodworking tool and with its narrow blade, is suitable for making straight or curved cuts (at which it excels) and is a relatively safe power tool when used with appropriate caution. A bandsaw is also an effective cutting tool for plexiglass for crafting projects.
- Power Requirements: 115VAC/1ph
- David K.
- Safety glasses required for use of this tool
- Makers under the age of XX need certified adult supervision.
Read and view the material at the following links to help you prepare for using the band saw.
- A video Introduction to the band saw
- Several books are available for members to borrow from the FMS library.