A glass grinder is primarily used for working with pieces of stained glass, preparing the edges to make them smooth and to help them match the edge of the next mating piece of glass in the pattern. The grinder is water cooled to avoid overheating the glass edges, and is safe to use with care to wear safety glasses and DOES require caution because of the potential for glass breaking. Always use gentle pressure to grind the edges and take extra care with narrow glass pieces or when grinding near sharp glass points.
[Stained Glass project image here]
- Power Requirements: 115VAC/1ph
- David K.
- Safety Glasses
- Hand protection to reduce chance of glass cuts
- Makers under the age of ## require adult supervision to use this equipment.
Read and view the material at the following links to help you prepare for using the Glass Grinder.
- YouTube Video (grinder may not be the same)
- Cutting Curves (video – with grinder in use – part of a series of stained glass tutorials from Karal Studio)